About Me

My Photo
Im a mother. A mother to two beautiful twin boys. My boys are my world. Unfortunately one of them is very sick. Battling with seizures, Neurofibromatosis 1 (NF1) and many other issues including Autism. But his drive to learn, his drive to assert his presence is what pushes me to find a cure. A cure for the incureable. Here I am, Playing God. Playing God to him, to my Tuti, to his brother, and most of all to our family. Im just a mother, a mother who is playing God to my Tuti. My Tuti Fruiti

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fight Till Death Do Us Apart...

Every year there's a small carnival thats like a mini children's fair with rides and games. And every year we make it a point to take the kids. Last year batman had a blast but Tuti, Tuti just wanted to leave. We took them on the merry go round for the first time in their lives. Batman sat still on the horse and was super excited. I took Tuti and sat in one of the open carriages. That boy did NOT sit still. He was squirming and crying and kept pulling my hair. I was so scared he would fall off. I was holding on to him with dear life. He hated it. And I just couldnt wait for the ride to come to an end. I got off looking like someone from a wrestling competition. Shirt unbuttoned, hair all over. I was a mess.

This year we decided to take them again. Luckily hubby was here for two days. Batman is growing up very fast. He knows exactly which rides to go on. Tuti, Tuti was babbling along with the hussle and bussle of the crowds. It was almost he was oblivious to everything around him yet aware if that makes any sense. While batman was enjoying his rides I would put Tuti on the grass for him to waddle and scoot. He flaps his hands in utter excitement and off he goes.

Hubby then suggested we go on the merry go round. I looked at him thinking are you serious? After what he did last time?then I looked at Tuti and decided what the heck. Let's do it. What's 3 minutes of squirming and pulling my hair. We have to continue exposing him to different things. Different experiences. Again we sat in an open carriage. And What can I say? Tuti sat still for the whole ride! The whole thing! And when it was over he signed for more!!! Wowwwww that just blew my mind. I had the biggest grin on my face. And thankfully this time I got off looking like a normal woman :)

It's these subtle things. Subtle improvements that I'm seeing in him right now. It's these things that make me fight for him. Fight with him. Fight. Fight till death do us apart...

Tuti enjoying the grass and batman enjoying his car :)

3 comments:

  1. Awww.....great job Tuti!! I'm sure you were soooo proud. :) My little boy also gets scared on carnival rides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kerri I couldn't believe my eyes! I was over the moon! Next time maybe a rollercoaster hehe

      Delete
  2. Eid mbarek. May all your dreams come true. Bsahet awladk o sahb betk.

    X

    ReplyDelete

Blog Nation Badge

Top Mommy Blogs